Consider the possibilities of a charitable IRA rollover. People who are age 70½ years or older may transfer up to $100,000 per year directly to a qualified charity (such as the United Methodist Foundation). Your gift can create or add to an existing endowment that will expand and support the ministry of your choice.
Benefits of an IRA charitable rollover
- Support the ministry you choose
- If you are over 70 ½ years old, avoid taxes on transfers of up to $100,000 from your IRA to our organization
- Satisfy your required minimum distribution (RMD) for the year
- Reduce your taxable income, even if you do not itemize deductions
- Make a gift that is not subject to the deduction limits on charitable gifts
How an IRA charitable rollover gift works
- Contact your IRA plan administrator to make a gift from your IRA to us.
- Your IRA funds will be directly transferred to our organization to help continue our important work.
- Please note that IRA charitable rollover gifts do not qualify for a charitable deduction.
- Please contact us if you wish for your gift to be used for a specific purpose.
If you have any questions about an IRA charitable rollover gift, please contact us. We would be happy to assist you and answer any questions you might have.